More OpenChain Conformant Organizations; More Translations; More Onboarding Material. Our community is growing rapidly and our specification is proven as adoptable by large and small entities.
There are two major news items related to OpenChain Conformance. The first is that we have welcomed four new entities to our community in the last month:
If you are interested in learning more you can check out the individual news items:
- Source Auditor: https://goo.gl/v9wG9J
- Ura Design: https://goo.gl/nigwAJ
- Togan Labs: https://goo.gl/xr1W5j
- Source Code Control: https://goo.gl/egD3gB
The second major conformance news item is that we have launched a logo for all OpenChain Conformant organizations to use:
The OpenChain Conformance logo will become an increasingly familiar sight in the supply chain over time. There will be more information about our plans for expanded adoption in the next newsletter.
- You can learn more about our launch here: https://goo.gl/gmRNcy
OpenChain @ Events
We attended the Asian Legal Network meeting in Tokyo and LinuxCon China in Beijing.
- Learn more about OpenChain at the Asian Legal Network: https://goo.gl/X9LpqF
- Learn more about OpenChain at LinuxCon China: https://goo.gl/kV4My3
You can watch our LinuxCon China talk and view our slides here: https://goo.gl/fBaBcB
- No time? Jump to the “Big Picture” overview of OpenChain here: https://goo.gl/gVPo7w
This overview is suitable as a starting point for business decision-makers and other non-technical parties interested in why OpenChain exists and how it delivers value.
New Material Donations
We have received donations of flowcharts, checklists and a markdown conversation of the OpenChain Specification during the last month.
- Learn more about the flowcharts and checklists: https://goo.gl/WDBPe8
- Learn more about the Markdown donation: https://goo.gl/KMNmpe
New Curriculum Chair
We are delighted to announce that Alexios Zavras from Intel is the new chair of the OpenChain Curriculum Work Team. Alexios holds the position of Senior Open Source Compliance Engineer at Intel and has long been a contributor to projects in the Linux Foundation and further afield.
- Read our announcement here: https://goo.gl/AQnJac
- Connect with Alexios on LinkedIn here: https://goo.gl/UkdDSK
New Ways to Communicate
We have continued to expand the ways that people can find and interact with the OpenChain Project. This month we added appointment reservations to the OpenChain Facebook Page. Our goal is to make it possible to discover, interact with and participate in OpenChain as easily as possible.
- Learn more here: https://goo.gl/1e3nJB
We have seen heavy activity on the internationalization front. The two stand-out pieces of news are the release of our onboarding material and our Frequently Asked Questions page in Japanese.
- Learn more about the Japanese onboarding material: https://goo.gl/FhnWb9
- Learn more about the Japanese FAQ: https://goo.gl/jr8ofj
In the next month we will announce our partner program pilot, we will continue to expand our internationalization efforts, and we will improve both the website and the format used for our newsletter. Learn more in the next newsletter or on the OpenChain mailing list: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
License and Trademarks