Newsletter – Issue 53 – April 2023
The OpenChain Newsletter provides a monthly summary of our work. It contains an overview of what we are doing to build trust around license compliance and security in the open source supply chain. We accept suggestions and ideas. Feel free to mail us at any time.
This edition of the newsletter was created and shared by Qiuyue Qi of OpenSCA, and we provide our thanks for the contribution!
Cloudera, Alibaba Cloud, China Mobile, SAIC Z-ONE and ByteDance have all announced conformance with ISO/IEC 5230.
- Cloudera Announces ISO/IEC 5230 Conformant Program
- Alibaba Cloud Announces ISO/IEC 5230 Conformant Program
- China Mobile Announces ISO/IEC 5230 Conformant Program
- SAIC Z-ONE has adopted the ISO/IEC 5230 standard
- ByteDance Announces OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 Conformant Program
LG Electronics also announced conformance with ISO/IEC DIS 18974, the forthcoming ISO standard for open source security assurance.
The OpenChain Project has held the OSCAR Open Source Supply Chain Salon together with CAICT:
Our industry survey has been online for April.
We have updated GPLv2 Compliance Flowcharts:
We have held a webinar with an update on ClearlyDefined:
Telco, education and legal work groups had regular meetings.
- Telco Work Group – Morning and Afternoon – 2023-04-06
- OpenChain Education Work Group – 2023-04-13
- OpenChain Legal Work Group – 2023-04-25
Checking our monthly meeting below:
The OpenChain Project has been featured at the 2nd China Automotive Cyber Security and Data Security Conference 2023 and the FSFE Legal and Licensing Workshop 2023
Insight on AI Hallucinations Around Open Source Licenses from our partner: