Newsletter – Issue 39 – July 2020
The OpenChain Project welcomes BMW CarIT GmbH as our 20th Platinum Member. BMW CarIT GmbH joins the governing board of the project ahead of our expected completion of the ISO process in September 2020. Their knowledge, support and expertise is expected to be an invaluable component of the next steps in adoption of the industry standard for open source compliance.
OpenChain @ Partners
- Bitsea, a company helping customers to analyse, assess, and optimize Software Development processes, has joined the OpenChain Partner program. This marks another significant expansion of the OpenChain ecosystem into the German software industry, and provides another milestone in our preparation to support our growth as a formal International Standard in Q4.
OpenChain @ Conformance
- CP1 Associates announced OpenChain Conformance. This is a UK-based company with an extensive history in the use of open source.
Read more here:
- credativ, a leading open source support and services provider, announced OpenChain 2.0 conformance. credativ was an early adopter of the industry standard for open source compliance, and the adoption of 2.0 further demonstrates their commitment to continual improvement across all aspects of their business:
OpenChain @ Webinars #7 & 8:
- You can watch the OpenChain Webinar #7 on Lessons Learned + Future Leaders
- You can watch the OpenChain Webinar #8 on Compliance @ GitLab
OpenChain @ Work Groups (Selected Highlight)
- Our wonderful OpenChain Japan Work Group ran a global survey in English covering open source compliance in business environments. We expect to have the outcomes to share in a future newsletter. Find out more here:
- Plenty more happened. Check out the full stream here: