Newsletter – Issue 38 – June 2020
We have two big announcements leading the news this month.
Cisco Systems, Inc (Cisco), a Platinum Member of the OpenChain Project, announced conformance with the industry standard for open source compliance in the supply chain on June 2. As a founding member of the OpenChain Project, Cisco has been instrumental in defining, developing and deploying both the standard and its extensive corpus of reference material. Their conformance marks another milestone in the broadening adoption of the standard throughout silicon, embedded, mobile, telecommunications, enterprise, software and cloud market segments.
Fujitsu, an OpenChain Platinum Member, is the first organization to attain two OpenChain 2.0 conformant programs. Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 132,000 Fujitsu personnel support customers in more than 100 countries.
OpenChain @ Webinars #5 & 6:
- You can watch the OpenChain Webinar #5 on Software Heritage and Scaling Compliance here:
- You can watch the OpenChain Webinar #6 on China, Japan and Korea community building here:
OpenChain @ Work Groups (Selected Highlight)
- The OpenChain UK Work Group is being launched with its first meeting on July 23. The inaugural UK meeting, which follows the path of successful OpenChain work groups established in China, Japan, Germany, Korea, India and Taiwan, will feature an introduction from Shane Coughlan who leads the OpenChain project at the Linux Foundation. Andrew Katz (Orcro) and Sami Atabani (Arm) will share their experiences of OpenChain implementation in the real world.
OpenChain @ Events (Selected Highlight)
- The OpenChain Project and its collaboration with the Joint Development Foundation was explored during a session at the ISO WG21 2020 Plenary on the 9th of June. Shane Coughlan, OpenChain General Manager, lead the primary discussion and Seth Newberry, General Manager of Standards at Joint Development Foundation, explained the JDF PAS approach both in terms of OpenChain and more broadly in the years ahead.
- Plenty more happened. Check out the full stream here: