A message from Shane Coughlan, OpenChain General Manager
First of all, I would like to offer my personal best wishes and thoughts to everyone who is impacted. The safety of yourself, your family, your friends and your colleagues is the most important thing.
Every decision in the OpenChain Project will be taken from this perspective. We expect events in Asia and abroad to be altered or cancelled due to the outbreak.
- On February 6th I will attend the first OpenChain Germany meeting. However, if the virus appears in South West Japan I will cancel my attendance. I do not want to risk carrying the virus to Europe.
- On February 18 the 13th OpenChain Japan meeting happens in Tokyo. The Japan Work Group will monitor the situation and decide if we need to change our plans. Updates to follow.
- On March 3rd the third OpenChain China meeting happens in Beijing. We will monitor the situation and decide if we cancel within the next two weeks. Updates to follow.
- Our events in Taiwan are being decided by our local organizers, SZ and Lucien. Updates to follow.
- Our events in Korea are undecided. I will talk with our local community. Updates to follow.
- Our co-hosting of the first Asian Legal Network Conference will continue, but the event has moved from Q1 to Fall. Updates to follow.
Regardless of where you are, please take care. I am hearing reports of shortages of face masks and other materials in more locations. If you are in one of these locations please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will send supplies.
Let’s take care of each other.