Today the OpenChain Project welcomes B2M Solutions to our Community of Conformance. The conformance process was lead by the OpenChain Partner Moorcrofts LLP in conjunction with its sister company Orcro Ltd.
Formed in 2002, B2M Solutions is a global software company dramatically improving how enterprise mobility is operated and managed. Partners include the likes of BT, Zebra Technologies and most recently Panasonic.
OpenChain, a project of the Linux Foundation, brings established governance principles to the software supply chain. It adopts best-practice from other compliance areas and maps them to software procurement, giving businesses a clear path to minimizing infringement risk in procuring, developing and deploying software. The result is that open source license compliance becomes more predictable, understandable and efficient for participants of the software supply chain.
Julie Purves, B2M Solutions CEO said: “Although smaller than many of the other companies who have achieved this milestone of compliance, we are considered to be technology leaders in our field, and it’s important to be able to reassure our clients that we are not only proactive in reacting to industry developments but also, where appropriate, leading those developments. Our partners include a number of global companies who are embracing OpenChain. Although none of our partners have compelled us to become OpenChain compliant, we believe that pre-emptively obtaining this important status means we are better able to demonstrate we are responsive to the needs of global brands and their end-customers. It also demonstrates our technology leadership by highlighting our desire to lead not only with the latest in cloud-based analytics solutions, but also with compliance to standards critical for our customers.”
Julie continues: “The services provided by Andrew Katz and his team at Moorcrofts and Orcro were outstanding. They not only provided the technical legal advice for us to be able to reach the OpenChain conformance standard, ensuring our component database contained the relevant open source licences, they also worked with our team to establish an appropriate open source policy, tailored to B2M’s specific business needs, and provided the compliance training to our developers.”
“The OpenChain Project is delighted to welcome B2M Solutions to our community of conformance,” says Shane Coughlan, OpenChain General Manager. “This is a milestone in building out our community in the mobile sphere and in deepening our presence in Europe. OpenChain Conformance is a mark of quality and efficiency in the adoption, use and distribution of open source code. We are looking forward to sharing this benefit throughout the B2M eco-system and to building a productive long-term relationship with their great team.”
For the full case study, interviews, photographs and more information, please contact: Marie Parkinson, OJI Marketing Ltd on: 07463994834 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moorcrofts LLP is a boutique firm of solicitors, focusing on corporate and contract law, tech law, employment (including employee incentivisation) and commercial property – that’s all. We’re small, but intensely targeted to provide real expertise and in-depth experience in our chosen fields. That’s why we act for some of the biggest names around, and have an international clientele ranging from entrepreneurs to US stock-market listed companies. Our base in the Thames Valley gives our clients easy access to us, whether based in London, Oxford, Maidenhead or Reading, and we’re only 25 minutes from London Heathrow Airport. For additional information, visit: moorcrofts.com.
- Orcro Ltd works hand-in-hand with Moorcrofts and its specialist technology lawyers, to provide project management and compliance expertise ensuring all clients receive a full end-to-end service. This means Moorcrofts and Orcro together not only provide the legal advice but also provide the practical services necessary to deliver complete compliance within a firm. The Orcro compliance team draw on skills in implementation, training, documentation, systems and assessment, either in-house, or by partnering with best-in-breed third party companies. Orcro compliance services include: GDPR/Privacy, Software Supply Chain/OpenChain and Anti-Money-Laundering. For additional information, visit: orcro.co.uk.
- B2M Solutions is a global software company dramatically improving how enterprise mobility is operated and managed. The company’s flagship product, Elemez™, provides real-time actionable analytics and operational intelligence for enterprise mobile devices and applications. Unlike traditional enterprise mobile software management tools, Elemez proactively identifies, isolates and predicts issues to help enterprises prevent and avoid problems, improve enterprise mobility’s performance and lower the True Cost of Ownership™ of mobility. mprodigy® is B2M’s mobile enterprise management platform (MDM/EMM) and offers a proven, cost-effective management layer for line-of-business enterprise mobility. Founded in 2002, B2M is a privately held company based in Abingdon, UK, with North American operations in Atlanta, Ga., U.S.A. For additional information, visit: b2msolutions.com.
- OpenChain Project identifies key recommended processes for effective open source management in the supply chain. The project is the driving force behind the implementation of the OpenChain conformance standard, which is the world’s leading standard of its kind, bringing established governance principles to the open source software supply chain. It adopts best-practice from other compliance areas and maps them to software procurement, giving businesses a clear path to minimising infringement risk in procuring, developing and deploying software, with particular emphasis on use and re-use of free and open source software (“FOSS”) components. Crucially, for smaller organisations like B2M Solutions, the compliance programme does not have to be complex, but simply mirrors or adapts existing best practice. The result is that open source licence compliance becomes more predictable, understandable and efficient for participants of the software supply chain. For additional information, visit: openchainproject.org/
- The Linux Foundation is dedicated to building sustainable ecosystems around open source projects to accelerate technology development and industry adoption. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation provides unparalleled support for open source communities through financial and intellectual resources, infrastructure, services, events, and training. Working together, The Linux Foundation and its projects form the most ambitious and successful investment in the creation of shared technology. For additional information, visit: linuxfoundation.org/