Newsletter – Issue 35 – March 2020
OpenChain Japan Work Group: Republishing the Advent Calendar
During the December 2019 period the OpenChain Japan Work Group ran a series of articles covering OpenChain, their work, and what it means to companies. We will be republishing this calendar in Japanese on the main OpenChain blog over the coming weeks, and we hope to share some English translations after that.
Check Out The First Article
If you want to skip ahead, you can see the whole series here:
OpenChain @ Translations
- OpenChain 2.0 in French
The OpenChain Specification 2.0, the latest version of our industry standard for open source compliance, is now available in French. This official translation provides a reference to assist with understanding and engagement throughout companies.
Read more here:
OpenChain @ GitHub
- The OpenChain Project has a substantial presence on GitHub. We use our space to store core documents like the project charter and specification, our growing library of reference material under CC-0 licensing, and other material like our project image assets. This allows our global community to quickly access, share and improve all aspects of our work. Find out more:
- OpenChain Reference Library Relaunched – Discovery and Translation First
The OpenChain Project has a comprehensive reference library covering all aspects of open source compliance management, including numerous resources related to training, policy and process content. This official and community-sourced reference material has been extensively reordered to allow easier discovery of content and to provide a multi-language first approach.
- OpenChain Releases Metrics to Evaluate Source Code Scanning Tools:
- OpenChain Releases Draft Worksheets:
OpenChain @ Conformance
- Yoma Bank Announces the Latest OpenChain Conformant Program
The OpenChain Project is delighted to highlight that Yoma Bank is the latest organization to have a publicly announced OpenChain conformant program. Yoma Bank joins many other companies from a diverse range of market sectors collaborating to make open source compliance faster, more effective and more efficient.
Find out more:
OpenChain @ Partners
- AlektoMetis is now a Partner of the OpenChain Project:
- Lex Pan Law and Opsequio are now Partners of the OpenChain Project:
- South Toranomon Law Offices are ow a Partner of the OpenChain Project:
- id est avocats is now a Partner of the OpenChain Project:
OpenChain @ Work Groups
- OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group in 2020
The OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group meets on a bi-weekly schedule via teleconference to discuss one of the most pressing issues around open source compliance: how do we automate as much as possible?
- OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group – Minutes of the March 25th Meeting:
- OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group – April 8th at 9am UTC+2:
- OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group – Activity Epics:
- The 5th Meeting of OpenChain Korea Work Group:
OpenChain @ Events
- Webinar with GTC Law and FOSSID – Open Source Software and Code Snippets:
- Open Compliance Summit 2019 – The Event in Review:
OpenChain @ In The News
- MOXA ♥ OpenChain – The News in Chinese and Korean
The recent news regarding MOXA’s decision to become an OpenChain Platinum Member has spread through Chinese and Korean language media:
- Open Source For You Covers OpenChain:
- Open Source Software: The Legal Framework for Free Software 5th Edition Out Now – Featuring OpenChain:
- Fiducia & GAD Win Multiple Awards at SAM Strategies: