Newsletter – Issue 34 – February 2020
We are delighted to announce that Moxa is our latest Platinum Member company. As a leading provider of industrial edge-to-cloud connectivity and computing solutions for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) environments, Moxa has demonstrated its continuous commitment to open source compliance to enable advanced industrial networking and communications applications for the IIoT world.
“Moxa is thrilled to join the OpenChain Project to demonstrate our commitment in supporting open source compliance standard,” said Andy Cheng, President of Strategic Business Unit at Moxa. “Moxa has been a strong supporter of the Linux Foundation for some of its important projects such as Civil Infrastructure Project (CIP) for long-term support Linux distribution. We are now looking forward to working closely with the OpenChain community for industry standards of open source compliance.”
OpenChain @ Specification
- One Slide Summary of Where OpenChain Fits in Workflows. A request for comments:
OpenChain @ Interviews
- The 10th OpenChain Project interview is live! Meet Alex:
- The OpenChain Interviews continue with our first male interviewee, Leon from the law firm GTC:
OpenChain @ Conformance
- OpenChain Conformance: The Arm Case Study
This case study unpacks how the open source team at Arm used the OpenChain industry standard to simplify and speed their compliance process.
Find out more:
- OpenChain Cheat Sheet – Conformance Requirements in One Page
Check out the slide + explanation here:
OpenChain @ Partners
- NTT DATA Italy collaborates with OpenChain project to build trust in open source:
- PwC Provides Expanded Details on OpenChain Services:
OpenChain @ Work Groups
- OpenChain + SPDX Lite – Credit where Credit is Due
The OpenChain Japan Work Group has run an active licensing sub-work group throughout 2019. Their activity has been focused on practical applications of a streamlined Software Bill of Materials using core attributes of SPDX. Now that the work is advanced, collaboration with the SDPX Project is fully established, and we are heading into production it is time to highlight the individuals behind this initiative.
Find out more:
- Slides from the OpenChain Automotive Work Group. Yuichi Kusakabe kindly made his slides from a recent global Automotive Work Group meeting available:
- Minutes of the OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group Meeting – 12th February 2020:
- OpenChain Korea Work Group Meeting # 5 – Kakao Seoul on the 19th of March (remotely)
The 5th meeting of the OpenChain Korean Work Group will be hosted by Kakao in Seoul. See the agenda here:
- OpenChain Japan Work Group Meeting # 13 – Cancelled
Due to the deteriorating situation in Japan with the COVID-19 virus we have taken the decision to cancel this event.
- The video minutes for the first meeting of the OpenChain Germany Work Group are now available:
OpenChain @ Third Party Certification
- Our partners over at PwC Germany have just released a video outlining their Third Part Certification for OpenChain Project. This is another example of the growing user community and support community around our industry standard for open source compliance.
See the video here:
OpenChain @ Events
- OpenChain @ DLA Piper’s Open Source In-House Counsel Discussion on February 26th
- OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group @ FOSDEM – February 2020
The OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group held a series of meetings adjacent to the FOSDEM conference in Brussels. Here are the outcomes and minutes as provided by Oliver Fendt:
OpenChain @ Translations
- Thanks to the hard work of Denis Dorotenko at Yandex (https://dorotenko.pro/english/) the OpenChain Specification 2.0 has a draft translation in Russian.
Read more here:
- OpenChain Supplier Education Leaflet – German Draft
Stefan from Fiducia & GAD IT announced yesterday that work is well advanced on a German translation of our Supplier Education Leaflet.
Read Stefan’s full announcement and call for support here:
OpenChain @ In The News
- OpenChain featured in Corporate Review Magazine
Read more here:
- OpenChain Featured in CIO Review India
Read the article here: