The OpenChain Project will host a special three hour mini-summit to explain the three options for compliance to the International Standard for open source compliance. It will be an interactive session with plenty of opportunity to ask the experts about all aspect of certification.
This event is free to join and requires no registration. Our goal is to give practical information and real-world examples to ensure the options for OpenChain conformance are easily understood.
Part 1 – Self-Certification (1 hour session)
The core of the International Standard for open source license compliance is self-certification. This is a process where a company reviews the requirements of the standard and checks whether their current processes match these requirements. If necessary, a company can make adjustments to processes. Self-certification can be accomplished in several ways. The most common are:
- Using the OpenChain self-certification web application, a free online service.
- Using a downloadable version of the OpenChain self-certification questionnaire, a free service.
- Using the Industry Standard text itself, also freely available.
Part 2 – Independent Compliance Assessment (1 hour session)
Companies often want assistance in adopting an International Standard. One common form is Independent Assessment, where a knowledgable service provider reviews a company’s processes and provides objective feedback on where adjustments or improvements may be necessary. The OpenChain International Standard for open source compliance has a process called “Independent Compliance Assessment” that is provided by trusted partners of the project. These partners may be law firms or service vendors. Two of our existing partners, Source Code Control (UK) and AlektoMetis (Germany), will host a session explaining this approach and their respective service offerings.
Part 3 – Third-Party Certification (1 hour session)
In some markets third-party certification is an important part of inter-company relationships. Examples are automotive, infrastructure and aviation, where strict regulation and regular audits are well-served by formal certification by third-parties. The OpenChain International Standard for open source compliance approaches third-party certification in the same way as other International Standards. Two of our existing partners, PwC (Germany) and Orcro (UK), will host a session explaining this approach and their respective service offerings.
At the end of this mini-summit you will have a clear picture of the certification options available for the International Standard for open source compliance. You will understand the process for self-managed certification and the options for collaborating with trusted partners.
Join Us @ 15:00 ~ 18:00 CET / UTC+1 – 29th October 2020
This will be a Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 999 012 0120
One Tap Telephone (no screensharing)
- +358 9 4245 1488,,9990120120# Finland
- +33 7 5678 4048,,9990120120# France
- +49 69 7104 9922,,9990120120# Germany
- +852 5808 6088,,9990120120# Hong Kong
- +39 069 480 6488,,9990120120# Italy
- +353 6 163 9031,,9990120120# Ireland
- +81 524 564 439,,9990120120# Japan
- +82 2 6105 4111,,9990120120# Korea
- +34 917 873 431,,9990120120# Spain
- +46 850 539 728,,9990120120# Sweden
- +41 43 210 71 08,,9990120120# Switzerland
- +44 330 088 5830,,9990120120# UK
- +16699006833,,9990120120# US (San Jose)
- +12532158782,,9990120120# US
Find your local number
Not all countries have numbers.
After dialing the local number enter 9990120120#