The OpenChain Project has launched a series of bi-weekly free webinars that provide access to people and knowledge that we would otherwise obtain at events. We hold our fourth meeting on Monday the 18h of May at 5pm Pacific with two guest speakers.
This time we are unpacking the newly released SPDX 2.2. SPDX, as a leading industry standard for Software Bill of Materials, plays a pivotal role in the implementation of practical manual and automated compliance programs.
Kate Stewart, Sr. Director of Strategic Programs at the Linux Foundation, will explain how SPDX 2.2 works and what it means for the community. Kate has been a key driver of this standard over the last 10 years and can answer all your questions about what the current standard means, what projects support it, and the current state of the tooling landscape.
Yoshiyuki Ito, Principal Expert at RENESAS Electronics, will provide an overview of SPDX Lite. This is a “Profile” for the SPDX 2.2 standard that helps companies deploy the Software Bill of Materials to match certain workflows, particularly with respect to suppliers to large companies using existing processes. Ito San and others in the OpenChain Japan Work Group created SDPX Lite to help ensure that the standard could seek adoption in as many production environments as possible with minimal friction.
Each talk will run for 10~15 minutes and there will be plenty of time for questions, comments and suggestions. As with all OpenChain Project activities, our goal is to facilitate knowledge-sharing between peers.
Everyone is invited to join this free webinar via zoom. It will also be recorded and made available later on our website.
Join Our Zoom Meeting
One Tap Telephone (no screensharing)
- +358 9 4245 1488,,9990120120# Finland
- +33 7 5678 4048,,9990120120# France
- +49 69 7104 9922,,9990120120# Germany
- +852 5808 6088,,9990120120# Hong Kong
- +39 069 480 6488,,9990120120# Italy
- +353 6 163 9031,,9990120120# Ireland
- +81 524 564 439,,9990120120# Japan
- +82 2 6105 4111,,9990120120# Korea
- +34 917 873 431,,9990120120# Spain
- +46 850 539 728,,9990120120# Sweden
- +41 43 210 71 08,,9990120120# Switzerland
- +44 330 088 5830,,9990120120# UK
- +16699006833,,9990120120# US (San Jose)
- +12532158782,,9990120120# US
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abeUqy3kYQ
Not all countries have available numbers.
After dialing the local number enter 9990120120#