The OpenChain Project has launched a series of bi-weekly free webinars that provide access to people and knowledge that we would otherwise obtain at events. We hold our third meeting on Monday the 4th of May at 9am Pacific with four guest speakers.
Tobie Langel will speak about ‘Open Source Contribution Policies That Don’t Suck.’ In his own words: Open source contribution policies are long, boring, overlooked documents, that generally suck. They’re designed to protect the company at all costs. But in the process, end up hurting engineering productivity, and morale. Sometimes they even unknowingly put corporate IP at risk. But that’s not inevitable. It’s possible to write open source contribution policies that make engineers lives easier, boost morale and productivity, reduce attrition, and attract new talent. And it’s possible to do so while reducing the company’s IP risk, not increasing it.
Leon Schwartz and Tony Decicco from GTC Law will provide an overview of open source-related topics in the context of mergers, acquisitions, financings, investments, IPOs, divestitures, loans, customer license agreements, rep and warranty insurance and other transactions. This will span:
- Types of open source risk
- open source due diligence as part of transactions
- open source-related terms in agreements
- The strategic use of open source in transactions
Andrew Katz will present a due diligence questionnaire and sample warranties based on the the OpenChain specification, and will explain how adoption of this framework will drive further adoption of the standard. This builds on the observation that the OpenChain specification provides a great framework for due diligence and share purchase agreement warranties, even where the target is a software company which is not OpenChain compliant.
Each talk will run for 10~15 minutes and there will be plenty of time for questions, comments and suggestions. As with all OpenChain Project activities, our goal is to facilitate knowledge-sharing between peers.
Everyone is invited to join this free webinar via zoom. It will also be recorded and made available later on our website.
Join Our Zoom Meeting
One Tap Telephone (no screensharing)
- +358 9 4245 1488,,9990120120# Finland
- +33 7 5678 4048,,9990120120# France
- +49 69 7104 9922,,9990120120# Germany
- +852 5808 6088,,9990120120# Hong Kong
- +39 069 480 6488,,9990120120# Italy
- +353 6 163 9031,,9990120120# Ireland
- +81 524 564 439,,9990120120# Japan
- +82 2 6105 4111,,9990120120# Korea
- +34 917 873 431,,9990120120# Spain
- +46 850 539 728,,9990120120# Sweden
- +41 43 210 71 08,,9990120120# Switzerland
- +44 330 088 5830,,9990120120# UK
- +16699006833,,9990120120# US (San Jose)
- +12532158782,,9990120120# US
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abeUqy3kYQ
Not all countries have available numbers.
After dialing the local number enter 9990120120#